Saturday, February 12

The last Friday in the USA

Yesterday was the last day of school. I think that we realized that this great time is getting close to the end, what is very sad. I really wish I could stay more, and I hope I can come back and have this experience again.

I had Chemistry, English, Psychology, Spanish, French and Algebra. The chemistry teacher gave me the book they are reading now "Please Understand Me II" as a gift to remeber of his class, what was very nice of him.

We had a Valentine's dance. The Valentine's day is on 14th February, it is like the "Dia dos Namorados" that we have in Brazil on June 12, but here not only the couples celebrate this day, but everybody. Friends exchange cards and it is all with a lot of hearts and red things. =D When the Valentine's dance finished, very body came to talk with us, and say good bye.

 Me and Camille

 Me and Meredith (Melina's host sister)
 Meredith and Weell

 Me, Gina and Weell

 Shayna and me

 Yara and Shayna

 Lots of laughts

 Me, Sophia (Raisa's host sister) and Camille

Helping to clean up after the dance (in the photo: Jordy -upstairs-, Melina and Raisa)

I had the opportunity of going to a American Birthday Party of my host sister's friend. I had a lot of fun there. It was a surprise party and it was quite different of the birthday partie we have in Brazil, there is no BIG cake as we have, and obviously no brigadeiro, beijinho, salgadinho or casadinho. But they have cupcakes, candies and a lot of fun (as we do too).

See you soon!

Warm Hugs!

Posted by Amanda Furtado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Keep following us daily!