Tuesday, February 22

My two weeks in Sun Valley

Sorry that I took so long to post, but I had so many stuff to do on this past week that I couldn’t find a time to do it.
So, let’s start it.
These couples of weeks that I pass in Sun Valley were amazing.  I learned so much and I star to see some things in other perspective.

My host family was the best I couldn’t ask for a better one. They were so thoughtful and kind I really hope to see them again.
The school was bit different from what I was used to. Starting from the free periods, they were great, but different. We could follow the schedule of our hosts or watch any class of our interest, normally I followed Meredith (my host sister) schedule, but sometimes I went in other classes.
We had 6 classes:
American Dream, which is a literature class focusing on texts, books and other types of arts that express the idea of the American dream.
History, in this case how she is an 11th grader it’s American History specificity the Civil War.
Spanish and French, it was really funny and kind of confusing in the beginning learn another language in “English”, but after a while I got used to it.
Physics, they were basically learning the same thing that we do and I could realize that even though they use the calculator on the time the teacher also teach some of the concepts not just the formulas.
Pre Calculus , they were learning what we learn in Geometry in the second year and once again they use the calculator a lot, but the teacher also taught the concepts.


In terms of exchanging cultures I think it was the main point, because we all could explain so much about Brazil and our states and cities giving everyone a totally new point of view. Also we could break some stereotypes too not only about Brazil, but about US too.
This trip was a great learning and I’m sure everyone learn and teach something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Keep following us daily!