Monday, January 31

Hello everybody! I think it`s my first post here in the blog and I already have a lot of things to tell you all. We arrived in Sun Valley yesterday almost by the night and we had an amazing dinner at Weell`s host family house. There, we first met our host families and it was definitely a wonderful moment. My new family is just great, Eric (the boy) is as old as me and he`s in the 11th grade at the school. His father, Scott, is a Community School teacher and his mom is called Naomi. They all are so cool, kind and polite, and I`m very glad I`ll pass two weeks with them. The city is just amazing, with a lot of snow in everywhere you look, and when people told me it would be cold here, I didn`t thought it would be so cold. Guys, I`m freezing! But no problems, I have a lot of warm clothes and Eric lent me somethings too. We have just arrived and I`m already realizing the differences between Brazil and USA. Of course we have many similarities, but we also have a lot of differences. First of all, I needed help to turn on the shower and the sink, because even it is different. In the breakfast, they normally eat pancakes with syrup (a kind of honey made of a tree, that one that is the symbol of Canada). I really didn`t want to taste that, it sounds strange to me! I also discovered they normally eat avocado in the sandwich, and that is such a strange thing. I told them that in Brazil we bow the avocado in a plate, put sugar and eat, and they think this is strange. Anyway, Naomi told me she will do some avocado sandwich for me to taste. I`m afraid of that! Today we came to the Community School by the morning and we are already taking classes with our host brothers and sisters, and we are having a lot of fun. The teachers are really nice and funny, just like in our school. Today we also did a speech during the Monday Assembly, when three of us (Amanda, Wellington and me) talked a little about Brazil and our states. The other guys will talk in the next week. I still don`t have plans for this Afternoon, but I think I`ll try to know the city better. Well guys, I`m already missing you so hard, but I`m having a really good time here. From now, you can read our blog everyday, because we`ll always post our experiences and adventures in The Community School and in Sun Valley! See you all here, ok? P.s. Comment, please! We want to hear of you what you`re thinking about the blog. Later, I`ll post some photographs. Unfortunately, my camera is not here and I can`t do that now.

2 comments:

  1. Jordy!
    I've just read your post and it has been so cool.
    I hope you and other students are having a really great time.
    Enjoy it at all.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordy!
    I've just read your post and it was so cool.
    I hope you and other students are having a really nice time.
    Enjoy it at all.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Keep following us daily!