Thursday, February 3

-20°F!!!

I'm really sorry this is my first post, but then I'll just try to sum these past few days up. When I arrived, I didn't go straight to my host family's house, because they had a family problem and had to go out of town. I spent the first night in the Carkonen's house (that's where Raisa is staying), and went to school with Sophia on the first day. That day we walked around town with some friends from school, and Jim (Sophia's dad) went to pick me up at the cafe to take me to the Garings' house, the place where I'll stay for the next couple of weeks. Everybody is extremely friendly and welcoming, and we can see they're really tring to make us feel as comfortable as possible.


But my assignment is talk a little about what happened today, so let's get to the point.

The day started amazingly cold. There was frost on the windows of the house, and the thermometer was in almost -20°F. That translates to almost -30°C, which is pretty cold, even for the people who already live here for a long time, so all us Brazilians were freezing. We went to school really early, and today we had math, chemistry, American dream (Amanda already told you about this one), history and photography. The photography classes are great, they just shoot pictures with film cameras and get to develop their own pictures during class. I borrowed a camera today to take some and see how it's like actually developing (not just printing) my own pictures. In the afternoon we just went to Wood River High School, to make a tour and see what am American public school is like. It was a really great experience, and we got to know a little bit of another side of American education. After that we just came home and worked on a project Noe (my host sister) was making, and went to dinner at the Pioneer, a very good steakhouse in the Valley (Ketchum, Sun valley and Hailey. I can't really tell yet where one begins and the other ends, so...). We had a really great time at dinner. All the host brothers and sisters were there, as well as Maria and Bryce, another student in TCS.


I'm REALLY hoping that tomorrow the weather gets better... but I think I' getting used to the cold already, and the forecast says it's supposed to warm up on the weekend, so cross your fingers!


See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Keep following us daily!