Saturday, February 5

Busy and awesome day!

Yeah! I just can't believe that we've been here for 6 days! It's passing so fast!!! I think that's because we are enjoying it all so much! =D

These days have being pretty busy. Today we started with four classes. I had Psychology, Chemistry, Lab and Geometry, for instance. In Psychology class we watched a movie about the types of people. I discovered that Psychology believes that there are four types of people: the artisans (who are very easy-going and can't get used to deadlines), guardians (that cares a lot about the other and want the things to be done properly, for example, the presidents), the idealist (basically, idealist people are who believes in an ideas and are usually very interested in human beings, an example of idealist person would be Gandhi) and the rational (who cares a lot about reasons for everything, such as Einstein). We did a kind of test to discover what kind of person we are and, as we can be both of them, I got in this test that I am pretty guardian and idealist.

Then, I attended to chemistry class, where we talked about reactions of addition and condensation and the difference between a copolymer and a homopolymer. At the lab we did an experience burning different kinds of polymers, to see with they melted of not.

Finally I attended geometry class, where I did a test about prisms (the subject that they are studying now). I guess I did it well. The test was composed by 4 questions, but what I found very interesting is that although that might seem a little test, each question asked for a lot of thinking and planning of how to get the answer. I mean, the questions were produced to make the student think about the subject, what not necessarily means that it was difficult. In addition, what I found very interesting too,is that the method that the teacher will use to correct the tests is different. He is going to analyse the answers, the strategy used and if the students used simplifications and square roots properties of simplification and he is going to give the same grade for each of this topics.

We didn't attend to classes after lunch because we had a newspaper interview with Idaho Mountain Express. It was very good. Terry Smith, the reporter who interviewed us, asked all kinds of different questions as what we are finding of Sun Valley, of snow, of the school. We talked about the differences between Brazilians and Americans, including the political differences between the countries, for example in the United States it isn't an obligation to vote. We also talked about the Community School, how they are being welcoming with us and about our boarding school too. Terry was very interested in understanding how SESC works to keep the School. He told us that probably on 16th our interview will be published and that he will make sure for us to receive a kind of copy or something.

After the interview we went to cook with the Middle School. That was awesome! Well, I'm suspected to say it because I love being with the kids. Although they weren't so young, as they were 12 or 13 years old. We cooked the FAMOUS BRIGADEIRO! It was very good! The kids got very interested in how to say some Portuguese words and they just LOVED brigadeiro. Well, but who doesn't??? =D The teachers too! They found it delicious. Ah! Maria de Lourdes taught the kids how to say in Portuguese "Brigadeiro is delicious". We had a lot of fun there.

Than, we went Ice Skating! It was very good too! To my surprise, I went pretty well. But some of us had some difficulties at first, but at the end I think that every one was doing a better job than in the beginning. We had a lot of fun! Then, we went to Java Cafe and had some coffee with our new American friends and tonight we will be watching a Rocky Game of the Community School.





By the way, yesterday I had the opportunity of going to the Senior Night. It was the last time the Seniors were playing basketball. It was very good. There I could see how Americans care about sports and these things. There were cheerleaders, mascots and all we always see on the movies! It was AMAZING!

Tomorrow we'll have a lot of work too. And soon we'll be posting more. I promise that I'll make sure that Weell will post some photos of our trip around the city that we did with Maria yesterday. I was with his camera, that's why he could post the photos on the last post he did.

I hope you are all enjoying our blogs! Don't forget to visit the blog of the exchange group that went to Boise, in the Riverstone International School. For those who don`t know the link yet, here it is: sescinriverstone.blogspot.com

Ah! Geraldo is also doing some posts about our trip. Here is the link: www.geraldoabroad.wordpress.com

Bye!!! See you!

PS: Don't forget to leave your comments! =D

Posted by Amanda Furtado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Keep following us daily!