Wednesday, April 25

Our trip

Hi, everyone,

This is Joao Gabriel, and this is my first post for our blog.
Well, our flight from Rio to Atlanta was pretty comfortable and funny. I was extremely excited to finally get to the United States, for my first time ever. Some us slept the whole time, while other like me wrote in their journals or read a book.
When we landed, we headed to the Customs counter, and the line wasn't that big as I had thought. Gloria was just ahead of me, at the same line, therefore she explained to the Customs' officer the purpose of her visit. Due to this, the man, who was really gentle and kind, just asked if was in her company. Of course, I said yes, and, incredibly, we had an informal talk then. I passed and went downstairs to claim my luggage.
After that, we still had to wait for some time to board again, now to Salt Lake City. Just out of curiosity, we needed to take the subway in the airport to reach the next gate, otherwise we would take much more time.

Next stop: SLC, Utah. There we were, even closer to Idaho.



We traveled for about 24 hours until Boise, and it was a tiring trip, besides the fact that I was in need of shower. Anyway, we went towards the exit, and for our surprise, the host families from Riverstone students had been waiting for us.

But, we, the people who were going to Community School, still had a two hour and a half-trip to Sun Valley. The landscapes were breathtaking and we got to see deers, McDonald's, KFC and Subway beside the road.

For now, I think it`s enough, mainly because Fabio has to use the computer and we're about to turn off the lights. Hope you liked the post :D

Beijos,
Joao Gabriel.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! Keep following us daily!