Sunday, February 6

Hello guys! Here I'm again to tell you all about our adventures here, in Sun Valley. Yesterday, as well as the other days, everything was incredible. After ice skating (which is the most difficult thing I have ever done. I mean, that was REALLY hard), we went to Rico's, an Italian restaurant in Ketchum, near to Sun Valley. The food was great, specially because I love Italian food, but something really surprising happened that night. Do you know who we found in Rico's? Arnold Schwarzenegger! I got really surprised with that, how could I wonder a Hollywood star having dinner in Ketchum, at the same restaurant of us? Yeah, that was weird. Anyway, after the dinner and Arnold, we went to a hockey game, and that was amazing, because I had never seem a hockey game before. I mean, I found out that hockey is such a violent sport, but that's ok. Soccer can be really violent sometimes too, and it's still popular. Just after the game, Eric drove Yara home, because her host sister wasn't there, and then we went home. At the Community School they don't have classes on saturdays as we do, so today we had a different schedule. We woke up early and went to the school, where we would find the other Brazilians and some other students and go to a Cross Ski race, where we would help the racers with water and whatever they needed. It works like a social project, and that was awesome. I had never seem a Cross Ski race before, and this is a really exciting sport. We passed the whole morning helping the racers and then we got back to the school, where we decided to go to the lodge to have lunch. Here in Sun Valley there are a lot of lodges, but this one we went is the most popular one (I think). It's a kind of ski station, store and restaurant. There, we had lunch and then everyone went back home, because there was no schedule for this Afternoon. I was really tired, so I decided to sleep during the Afternoon and in the evening, there was a special dinner at my host house. Eric's grandfather and grandmother are going to Los Angeles tomorrow (actually, they live there), and we had a kind of farewell dinner. The food was just great, specially because I had rice and beans, which made me remember Brazil. Guys, I'm missing Brazil so much. I mean, I'm having a wonderful time here, but I just love my country and I always miss it. Anyway, I'm passing a short time here, and I won't think about 'saudade' (sorry, I couldn't find a word in English to use here) anymore. I'll just enjoy the time I still have here. Well folks, I think this is all I have to tell you until now, but tomorrow I'll try to post again. Our sunday will be amazing, we will watch the Super Bowl, which is the final of the American Football Championship, and here it means just like the final of the Soccer World Cup for us. Also, we'll have an American-Brazilian lunch, because the Brazilians will cook a typical Brazilian meal (I think we'll do Salpicao) and the Americans will cook a typical American meal as well. I'm so excited about that, I'm sure they'll love the Brazilian food. Ok, now I'll sleep because I'm still tired (actually, I think that's because of the difference of time between the US and Brazil, I'm not used to it yet) and tomorrow I'll talk to you again. Hugs, Jordy :)

3 comments:

  1. Não acredito que li tudo isso.. o-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God! I really hope that you all are enjoyin' this time. Best wishes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Alexa! We are really having an extraordinary time here! Warm Hugs!

    Amanda F

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Keep following us daily!